Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Update on machinist trainee

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , rastus says...

Hi Jim, no need for me to talk to Ed Huntress. I am very familiar with
GM's North American operations.
I was taking issue with your statement "This is why GM is now building
all of its engines in china."

Come back and say that to me in five years.

:^)

Jim

Would that be the five years of American workers demanding yet more pay,
encouraging GM to send the work there? Get my point? We can do more for
less pay, perhaps keeping the work in our country, or we can do nothing for
no pay when, as you predict, the jobs are all in China.

Thanks, Rastus, for clueing me in. I'd never read of *any* of the engines
being built in China----couldn't begin to imagine that was happening
silently. Don't know how I missed the post from Ed that talked about the
Chine thing, but then I don't always remember where I live, either. sigh.

Harold