gary wilkin

Default FS- South Bend 13"

--On Wednesday, July 09, 2003 11:44 AM -0700 Grant Erwin
wrote:

13" SB follower rests appear regularly on ebay. I don't want to
hear anyone from Pittsburgh whining about how hard it is to find
a lathe for a good long time after this! GO GET IT!! - GWE

Ya trying to tell me your'e interested in it Grant? ;-)

Seriously, I've been underwhelmed by responses to this fine old lathe. I
guess it's in the local want ads it goes.

GW

gary wilkin wrote:

Figured I'd post it here before I put it in the local paper.

13" S.B. with 6' bed, 40" between centers
very nice cond, most of the hand scraping still on ways
fully tooled except taper attachment and follow rest
6"3 jaw,8" 3 jaw, 4 jaw, face/drive plate
collet nose,spindle cap and drawbar and full set of 2A collets to 11/16"
new 1HP, 110V motor with all new drive belts
steady rest, micrometer carraige stop

I'm a little north of Pgh,Pa and thinking it's worth around $1500.

If interested, lets talk.

thanks,
GW