Jon Danniken

Default OT----Opinions requested on a moral dillema

"Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:

As for myself, I tend strictly to my own affairs, unless I am beckoned

intercede in a situation which genuinely needs my attention. Hence, I

do
not fixate on what everyone in the line ahead of me is purchasing; I am
usually too deep in thought to bother with such nonsense anyway.

Yep! I hear what you're saying, and I'm convinced you'd feel the same way
if you happened to be the store owner and your customers turned a blind

eye
as a less than honest person pulled the same scam on you. After all,

they,
too, may be sticking to their own affairs. Self centered people do that,

understand.

One thing folks like you seem to forget is that if you fail to act
responsibly in society, society has no responsibility to respond to you in
your time of need. It's like this: Don't expect anything from society

that
you are not willing to provide.

You, sir, sound to me like a typical taker-----one that uses people to

your
advantage and discards them when you have no further need of them. You
flat don't give a damn as long as your needs are met. Strangely, you
remind me of my brother. I don't like him very much, either, not that

you'd
care either way.

You're reading far too much into that post, Harold.

I'm going to put this as simply as I can; I fully agree that theft is wrong,
but I don't snicker at the guy buying condoms, stare uncomfortably at the
young girl buying tampons, or count the number of pipe fittings of the
fellow in front of me. I also don't fantasize about the sexual relations
between clerks and customers.

It's called respecting people's space, Harold and since I don't like people
sticking their nose into my business, I try to avoid hypocricy by not
sticking my nose into theirs. I fully admit that with this outlook I would
not have noticed the possible theft of merchandise that you witnessed at the
Home Depot, because I believe in giving other people their space.

If that makes me such a bad person in your eyes, then you must be a far
better man than I to be able to judge me so.

Jon