View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
ALBERT C. GOOD JR.

Default Simple mono amp circuit

Dear Adrian

May I suggest that to learn electronics, it is necessisary to start simple and learn a lot of theoretical minutia and some math.

As I see it one of the difficulties with what you want, is that it will be necessisary to determine the time delays between the muzzle blast and the times necessisary for the electronics to shut down. It is also conceivable to build electronic\s that is noise canceling and singles out specific sounds/noises. These devices tend to be somewhat exotic and difficult to understand for a beginner.

I think the project that you suggest is a little complicated as a starter. Also I would be concerned with my hearing to the point that I would get something that has been engineered to that end. But lets see what some of the sharp cookies who red this have to say.

Yours
Albert

"Adrian" wrote in message ...
Simple mono amp circuit that will auto mute/reduce at a variable noise level?

The application is (yes I know I can buy this pre built!) I have ear defenders and I want to hear normal noise but when a shot gun is fired , the noise is either muted or attenuated.

No I only shoot clays, just in case you are wondering!

Any one know of a simple circuit diagram I want to do this as an intro in to electronics!