Default Moderated group thought.

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:42:22 -0600, Mike O. wrote:

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:11:03 -0500, "Wanda Pangborn"
wrote:

Why don't you guys moderate your group?

I used to post to a moderated group for plus size women and it was a
godsend, as you can imagine the kind of trolling that was attempted. You
just need a really fair and dedicated moderator, which I know is easier said
than done. Moderators have to be level headed and leave their egos at the
door.

Who would want to moderate it?
It would have to be someone who cares about the wreck which would make
him/her a woodworker who would rather make sawdust than get in the
middle of some of the stuff that passes through here.
IMHO one sure way to run off a contributing member of the wreck would
be to make him/her the moderator.

I vote no. ;-)

Mike O.

This group would be a nightmare to moderate. The moderating is best
left to the individual user by using their filters. Most of the really
offensive post are by trolls and hijackers, the OT post are easily
dealt with by filters. Its really not that hard. I have more problems
trying to keep up with spam email and damn popups. In all fairness
most honest posters are just passionate on the subject. Nothing new to
active newsgroups. Its why I have been using them since 2400 days.
Just my thoughts.
No is the vote.
Ed