Harold and Susan Vordos

Default OT----Opinions requested on a moral dillema

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
"jtaylor" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
I wouldn't have been sticking my nose in the other man's business to

begin
with.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do

nothing."
(Edmund Burke)

Yes, it is fun to post little quotes taken out of their proper context
instead of actually coming up with something original, isn't it?

There is a vast difference between not sticking your nose in everyone's

ass
you meet at the store (OMG THEY MIGHT STEAL A GUMBALL!!) and turning a

blind
eye to genuine evil and injustice. It is a reflection on our culture that
being a busybody is no longer relegated to the lonely old maid, but has
become something that otherwise decent men have taken upon themselves to

do,
and act proudly for doing so.

It relates to giving other men their own space, their own privacy, and

their
own dignity to conduct their own affairs as they see fit.. Yes, some do

not
deserve this, but IMHO it is best not to naturally assume in every

situation
that everybody needs a mental cavity search.

As for myself, I tend strictly to my own affairs, unless I am beckoned to
intercede in a situation which genuinely needs my attention. Hence, I do
not fixate on what everyone in the line ahead of me is purchasing; I am
usually too deep in thought to bother with such nonsense anyway.

Jon

Yep! I hear what you're saying, and I'm convinced you'd feel the same way
if you happened to be the store owner and your customers turned a blind eye
as a less than honest person pulled the same scam on you. After all, they,
too, may be sticking to their own affairs. Self centered people do that, I
understand.

One thing folks like you seem to forget is that if you fail to act
responsibly in society, society has no responsibility to respond to you in
your time of need. It's like this: Don't expect anything from society that
you are not willing to provide.

You, sir, sound to me like a typical taker-----one that uses people to your
advantage and discards them when you have no further need of them. You
flat don't give a damn as long as your needs are met. Strangely, you
remind me of my brother. I don't like him very much, either, not that you'd
care either way.

Harold