Arfa Daily

Default Sluggish Tape Deck

"spudnuty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I wonder if using something like Goof Off will rejuvenate the idler?
Many sites recommend it for printer rollers. Especially when you can'f
get new parts. I've used it for that with excellent results. It will
damage plastic.
Richard

I used to use some similar stuff called " Platten Clean ", and it was very
good. Had a sort of combination amonia / paraffin smell to it. It left
behind an oily residue initially, and you used to think Christ ! that's
totally *&&%!! the thing, but after a short time, this dried off, and left a
nice rejuvenated surface behind it. The bottle I had lasted for years, but
when it finally ran out, I was unable to find it again. Perhaps I should
look again now. Years ago, I also used to have some stuff called " Gripex "
which was like a sort of paint-on liquid rubber. Came in a little bottle
with a brush built into the lid. That stuff would put a new hard wearing
surface on just about any rubber drive component, but I haven't seen any for
years ...

Arfa