Owen Lowe

Default Gluing Wood to Metal?

In article .com,
wrote:

Sorry, I may have worded my original post wrong. I don't want a long
set time, but was rather asking if all epoxy had long set times.
Personally, I've never used epoxy. Tite Bond II (have just switched
to III) is what I use exclusively for wood to wood projects. A lot
of turners who bought my stoppers at the shows inquired as to epoxy vs
Tite Bond vs Gorilla and I had no personal experience with which to
respond intelligently. I hate to appear dumb! : )

Also I'm considering selling a glue in my booth at shows. I have some
exotic wood blanks and if I added glue, the turners could do "one stop
shopping". I can afford to do one glue and am looking for what the
majority would prefer.

Good to hear you aren't looking for a long-set epoxy - it seems most
epoxies that are commonly available at the hardware store or home center
are of the short term cure variety.

As to small packets of epoxy, look up Hardman brand. Here are a couple
links:
http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/pr...7802&cls=6741&
par=&cat=1&sch=727&pfx=&lstBool=true

Cabela's seems to have a better quantity pricing for 24 at 75 cents ea:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...rd-item.jsp?_r
equestid=45188

All is well here on the left coast - things getting chilly back there in
PA?

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners,
Cascade Woodturners,
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Pour your end-grain sealer into a clean, wide-mouth
clothes detergent bottle. The lid makes a handy dipping container for
your brush and the leftovers will drain back into the bottle when you
recap the jug.