larry g

Default How can I keep coins in place when soldered together. Coin hand sculpture...part3

Can you get a coil spring, like a door spring, and slip the coins between
the coils and then bend things around till they are in position to solder.
Use nails in a board to hold position?
lg
no neat sig line
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All

I'm trying to make a sculpture out of coins..... I'm going to be
soldering the coins in a tube for fingers....doing the individual
finger joins in cylinders. Then I'll be drilling these joints together
and threading wire through to secure....this will be welded on main
hand bit which will have coins soldered on flat.....ok my question is
how can i hold the coins in place before i solder.

I'm going to be arranging the coins to resemble the shape of
fingers....so not just in a typical cylinder....I need something like
plastercine that will hold the coins in a row like this

I tried to place it in a vice but that took too much of the heat away
for the solder too work.

firecement....? that will harden....?

any suggestions welcome

many thanks