Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Default How can I keep coins in place when soldered together. Coin hand sculpture...part3

wrote in message
oups.com...
fingers....so not just in a typical cylinder....I need something like
plastercine that will hold the coins in a row like this

I tried to place it in a vice but that took too much of the heat away
for the solder too work.

The common wisdom would be to use a clamp that has small cross-section
'fingers' so they don't sink so much of your heat. I guess you could also
stack them in a Vee-groove in a block of graphite -- but that sounds like
too much work for the results you're after.

However, one benefit of the graphite block would be that you could contour
the groove to hold the coins in something other than a perfectly straight
cylinder.

LLoyd