Default Gluing Wood to Metal?

Leo wrote: "Also the strength needed to keep the stopper from falling
apart is so
small that I would think any glue would almost do.

You could also go the not dry wood route and make a tight fit, dry the
wood and it will never fall off, I would think."

Thanks, Leo. Since you've ordered so many stoppers, I'm guessing you
know.
Personally I don't like messing with the foaming glues. You're right
about stoppers being so small an item, not to mention being used in a
diningroom not welding shop setting.

I did turn a stopper from green grape vine wood, it never cracked and
warped to a shape that made it more interesting. No one could figure
out how I turned such a curve!

Thanks for the response,
Ruth