jim rozen

Default Situational ethics was opinions----

In article , Proctologically Violated©® says...

But to sort of relate this to the HD thing, if the cashier had given the guy
in front of me too much change (and I happened to notice), and he didn't
return it, I would *absolutely* intervene, physically if necessary.
Because this does not come out of HDs bottom line, but out of the cashier
person's *check*--in addition to casting some aspirsions upon them as
employees.
This is true with almost all retail institutions: if the till is short,
you, the employee, pay. Period.

I don't get this. In harold's case, there's a good chance
that the amount of the theft will come out of the cashier's
wages as well.

Eventually.

You can say that giving the customer a 20 instead of a 10 in change
is not the same thing as the customer swiping stuff.

But at this point we're arguing over the price, not what the guy's
doing, to paraphrase an old joke.

Jim

please reply to: