Default Intermatic vs. Aube light timers - experiences?

I assumed the three-wire part was true. The part I'm iffy about is the
"check with the bulb manufacturer" bit, making me wonder what the real
story is on handling *compact* fluorescents. (I already knew about
regular fluorescents, which the T1034 is capable of handling as well.)

However, when I went to install the switch today, I noticed a blurb on
the back of the packaging which refers directly to compact
fluorescents, and answers my question better than the Aube rep:

"Total load must be at least 40W when using compact fluorescent lights.
For loads less than 40W use Aube's T1033 or T1035."

So there you go, Doug, or anyone else looking to use compact
fluorescents with one of these. If you've got 40 watts of CF bulbs
wired (quite a bit, I know), the T1034 (or T1032) will work.
Otherwise, you'll have to go with the T1033/5.

Since I'm using all incandescents, I easily surpass the min load, so
the T1034 is fine. The install today was uneventful. Programming
interface is okay, but I don't really like it as much as Intermatic's.
There are also fewer programming choices than you find with the
Intermatic, such as the "auto random" feature. On the plus side, the
unit is flush with the wall plate, and generally less conspicuous.
Still, I'd say that as a whole, I think I prefer the Intermatic so far,
aside from the whole, break-after-two-months issue.

As for whether the Aube will win out on that front, only time can
tell....