DoN. Nichols

Default New Free Volume and Weight Calculator

In article ,
Excitable Boy wrote:
(Michael Rainey) wrote in message . com...

I've updated my original freeware calculator into something pretty
nice, and still free.

Download the program:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/s/rsnmar/MEWeights21.zip

Before I get all excited, is this a Win32 application ?

It appears to be. It downloads as a ".zip", and "unzip -l" (on
unix) shows that it contains a ".exe" file which could be either Windows
or MS-DOS. Size of the executable is 206k, which suggests that it is
tailored for Windows. I'm not going to bother unzipping it and looking
with strings to see what usage messages it may have (like I do with new
virii. Something that claims to be a sound file, but contains strings
like "This program cannot be run in DOS mode!" is a pretty good clue
that it truly is a virus. (Unlikely in this case, of course.)

The screenshot doesn't look like you used MFC or any other
Microcrap-only tools ... If you don't intend to someday
turn it into a commercial program, source would allow Linux
and other Unix users to compile for their own platform ...
Or if you did it in Java - yeah, ugh, but then it would
be cross-platform ...

Yes -- source would be a nice thing -- then I could have a crack
at making it run on my unix boxen.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564