Jim Stewart

Default OT----Opinions requested on a moral dillema

wrote:

Recently my dad bought many hundred $$ of stuff at HD, including an air
nailer. Got home, looked at the receipt and they had rung it up twice.
Drove many miles back, before correcting the charge they looked at the
security tape to verify there was only one purchased.

I returned a never opened, still sealed cordless drill kit bought there
when I found I could borrow one from a friend for the project instead.
They opened the package to check for the presence of the battery.
Interesting question what my recourse would have been if the battery
had been missing from the factory!

Many years ago I ordered an expensive memory
upgrade for my laser printer. I opened the
shipping container only to find that the factory
packaging had be opened and that the memory
was gone. The vendor accepted the empty package
and sent me a full one without question.