J. Clarke

Default Gluing Wood to Metal?

wrote:

Hi,

Is there a preference of glue when doing metal to wood? I've been
highly recommending Tite Bond II as a bond for woodturnings on my
stainless steel bottle stoppers. At the show in NC one of the reps
from another booth said he would use either epoxy or Gorilla glue. I
have never had one of my stoppers come loose using Tite Bond II.

Doesn't Gorilla glue foam up, and doesn't it have a shorter shelf life?
Does all epoxy need to be 2-step and have a short working time?

By the way, I want to thank all of you who stopped by my booth at the
Albany, Ohio or NC show to introduce yourself and it was nice to visit
with some old friends from this group. It really is nice to see
someone you've just "read". : )

Thanks for opinions, suggestions and advice.

I didn't used to think that Titebond and the like were suitable for metal.
Then I tried to pick the Titebond II squeeze-out off of my brand new
Besseys. I wouldn't trust it for anything life-threatening but it does
stick remarkably well. If it seems to be sticking well to your stoppers I
wouldn't worry about it.

Ruth and The General
http://www.torne-lignum.com

--