Pop

Default is venting your dryer to the house O.K in winter?

You're a strange heatman;

"HeatMan" wrote in message
:
: "Pop" wrote in message
: ...
: "Stretch" wrote in message
: oups.com...
: : Probably not a good idea. First it violates code in most
: areas.
:
: That's odd; not here in NY. Didn't in Chgo when I lived
there.
: Doesn't in Buffalo, NY. How/why would it violate code?
:
:
: While I can't quote the codes, it's in there. How well do you
know the
: mechanical codes? We have to, it's our job,
I don't know the "codes". I call the Code Enforcement office or,
in the rural area where I am now, stop in and talk to them.
Unlike most people, I don't consider the code people enemies;
they're just educated messengers who interpret the codes, just as
I used to do with CFR's.
:
: : Second if it is a gas dryer there are gas fumes going into
the
: house.
: True, maybe ... but most gas dryers I know of and it's been a
: long, long time since I've seen one, vent the gases up the
: chimney and still shoot the clothing heat out the dryer vent
: hose.
:
: You are wwwaaaayyyyy behind the times. Go to a store and look
at one. Even
: the big commercial jobs vent everything through one pipe.
Sorry, at Sears, 6 miles from here, I looked at one last
night, then I went over to Howland Pump and looked at one there,
a commercial set of three were on the floor. ALL vented to a
chimney. All 4 vented the drying area separately. All 4 used a
heat exchanger but it took they guy at Howland to tell me that
about the Sears one, although it obviously did.
:
: I seriously doubt any dryer dries the clothies in the
: combusted air of the gas flames. They use a heat exchanger,
: same's a furnace, the few that are around. That'd sure make
the
: clothes smell great, wouldn' t it?
:
:
: The great smell is fabric softener sheets. Gas dryers don't
apply flame to
: the clothes, just to the barrell of the dryer.
Makes me wish I had one so I could see if it would set off the
CO detector. I know it'll set off the CO2, but I think it's heat
& humdity did that; the pipe separated.
:
:
: Seems like a good idea, but it is not.
:
: Seems like a good idea, and it CAN be a good idea. We use it
: whenever the temps go down near zero or below (farenheit).
: :
: :
: : Stretch
: Yup, you did stretch just a bit, there g
:
:
: Not at all...
:
:
I'll believe you guys if you can find/quote a verifiable source
where it's in the code, any residential code or code that applies
to residential. We're not really playing the commercial game
here.

Pop