udarrell

Default is venting your dryer to the house O.K in winter?

Simply find places to hang you washed laundry in your home, as I do.

This saves the cost of drying them and adds humidity to you home in the
winter!
I live on a farm and can hang my laundry outside on a clothes line in
the summer.
- udarrell - Darrell

Steve IA wrote:

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Pawel wrote:

I have a washer and dryer in downstairs bathroom and in winter I feel
it is stupid to vent it outside while the furnace is working hard on
both heating and humififying whole house. Will it do damage if I
disconnect the outside vent and send the output (through the old
pantyhose filter) into the house?

First, do not consider this for a gas dryer.

This question comes up often and one of the answers is *NO* if it's a
gas dryer. Gas ovens/stove tops 'vent' into the house. What's the
difference in the fumes from 3 hours of turkey roasting or some time
drying clothes with each appliance venting into the house? I know
the turkey smells better... Fumes is Fumes. Bake a cake for for an
hour (or whatever) or dry clothes for an hour?
I'm not saying that venting the gas fired dryer into the house is a
good thing, I just want to understand the rational of those who say
don't do it. Thanks.

--
PROPER DUCT SIZING ESSENTIAL for EFFICIENCY & BTUH PERFORMANCE
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_b...syste ms.html