Andy Dingley

Default Make or Buy a Shed

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:14:22 -0000, "Martin"
wrote:

Anyone had experience making a wooden shed from raw materials?

Every which way.

I can't beat the timber price on cheap sheds, and I'm working from raw
trees and a bandsaw mill! However I also build them to be rather
better made than the usual Happy Shopper "factory nailed panels with
screws through the corners" approach. I just wouldn't be happy with one
of those as a shed. If you price up larch from somewhere like
http://www.bendreybrothers.co.uk/ then you can beat the typical
"construction" softwood prices substantially, even if you are then using
4x4 uprights (or 6x6 if you're Paul!)

A chap _needs_ a Shed.