Fitz

Default tiled shelf around bath

Vass wrote:
"Fitz" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip

What material is the bath?

Yes, cheap fibreglass bath from B & Q

They seem horrifically wobbly and flimsy before they are fitted.

The one I put in had a lump of 18mm (or maybe thicker) chipboard
underneath fixed to the fibreglass shell.

Two metal supports were fixed to this just in from the ends. There was
an additional foot to support the middle.

The supports had bolt holes for the feet which screwed to the floor.
Once it was all done up nice and tight AND supported on the wall at two
points AND supported at several other points by a simple frame I
built... it was super stable and didn't move a millimetre when I half
filled it with water before tiling.

So yes - the more support the better underneath and around the edges.

--
Steve F