Andrew McKay

Default Loft door hardware

I wonder if anyone has suggestions with regard to a company that does
loft door hinges and latches?

Did a loft ladder for someone recently and they bought a 3 section
loft ladder for me to fit. Fitted the drop-down doorway, and the latch
assembly provided with the ladder was pretty neat - and simple. It had
an eye on the customer side into which the pole slotted, and on the
blind side was a simple little catch. When the pole (and eye) was
turned it physically moved a little lever which was physically bolted
behind the eye. Nice and simple design, very effective.

Subsequently I've got another loft door to do and it is a different
loft ladder which comes with a latch assembly that is pants. That
latch won't fit the access area and I'm having to improvise.

I've been all round the DIY sheds in the local area and I can't find
this previous design at all. I presume someone somewhere must make
this combined eye and latch assembly. No amount of googling has turned
up what I'm looking for.

Ideas anyone?

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk