Brian Elfert

Default WW Grainger vs Fastenal: How do you rate them?

writes:

You will get flack from the people at the counter if you are not a
business as the Corp policy is B2B only. Thats not the end of the
world though. If your employer has an account, you can pay cash or
credit card using that account. They will make a "one time
accomadation sale", but if they catch you doing that twice you will
get some grief.

I'm certain my employer has an account as we are literally across the
street from the WWG branch.

As far as why your account was not working, they will typically
delete accounts after one year of inactivity. If you had set up an
account before, just use the same business ID to reactivate it. I'd
have no issue with that.

I don't understand why online accounts aren't removed if the business
account is removed.

They took care of me at the counter and I haven't needed anything since.
I do have an account application they gave me. My business has been
closed for a while, but I still have the tax ID.

Brian Elfert