Default WW Grainger vs Fastenal: How do you rate them?

Hey Brian,

You will get flack from the people at the counter if you are not a
business as the Corp policy is B2B only. Thats not the end of the
world though. If your employer has an account, you can pay cash or
credit card using that account. They will make a "one time
accomadation sale", but if they catch you doing that twice you will
get some grief.

As far as why your account was not working, they will typically
delete accounts after one year of inactivity. If you had set up an
account before, just use the same business ID to reactivate it. I'd
have no issue with that.

Brian Elfert wrote:
writes:

Hi all,

I know to an extent all of you must have used one of these suppliers
in the past. How do you rate the two in terms of customer service,
price, and product availability. I am a former employee of WWG and
have always been curious of the customer's side of the story. Please
give any feedback you can.

A lot of stuff can be found at WWG that I as an individual can't find
elsewhere. My big beef is individuals can't order from them. I remember
my dad having to go to the local hardware store to have them order items
from WWG. He would go to WWG, find the item, drive to the hardware store,
and then go back to WWG to pick it up.

I used to own a business so I had opened an account online years ago. The
online account still worked a year ago so I ordered something and went to
pick iu up. The guy at the store gave me a big hassle because my business
accoutn had been deleted due to inactivity. Why the heck did my online
account still work if the business account it was tied to was gone?

Brian Elfert