Doug Miller

Default Why are RAS so unpopular?

In article 0lIdf.570062$xm3.83282@attbi_s21, "krg" wrote:

I have a Delta 10" in the corner of my shop and I can't remember the last
time I used it.

That's probably due at least in part to a corner being the worst possible
place in the shop to put a radial arm saw. They're *much* more useful in the
middle of a long wall.

There really is not anything it can do that can't be done on either my
Unisaw or 12" compound miter saw.

Put a dado six inches from the end of an eight-foot board?

It is very dangerous to rip wood with it.

No argument there...

Get a good table saw and a compound miter saw first, then you can get a
Radial Arm Saw to set in the corner and take up room.

Or get a good table saw and a compound miter saw first, then get a RAS to put
in the middle of a long wall where it can actually be used... :-)

Anyone want to buy a Delta 10" Radial Arm Saw used very little?

Maybe... what model, how old, how much you want, and where are ya?

--
Regards,