bent

Default Drawers 1...5, materials, thicknesses, joints, width (max)

yes, I have a table.

BTW, I mean 3/4" pine laminate is inch for inch only twice as expensive as
5/8" mdf. Its flat, straight and smooth enough for 99/100 shelf pieces.
Even the cheap stuff.

Do you mean the mitre lock, as opposed to the (std?) right angled lock joint
I could make with a table saw. The question I have with these joints is
about their strength. They are recomended for small drawers. I would love
to use them. But should I? Does it depend on material? I'd probably be
succesful in the pine laminate, but not so fast. Maybe I'll demo. Any
advantage of one over the other method of lock joint (straight or mitre).
Why the bit? Need to find rock bottom price for poplar boards. If they are
like pine 1" x 10" x 8' (like at HD) they could be cut into strips for
long bows. Its midnight.

And about MDF:
I just read a post about cabinets & mdf vs. plywood. A lot of talk about
mold.

I had a particle core custom made TV stand that would swell in the high
humidity of summer. It was sitting off the floor on heavy-duty rollers. It
was 3/4" thick PC covered 100% with thick, self -supporting formica or
whatever, not the paper or platic like. From solid sheets. Whatever that
is called. It cost me ~$500.00. I had to spend another $500 on a
dehumidifier because the edge banding (of the same stuff) glued on the
front edges actually showed that the PC was expanding past it thickness
wise. You could see the particles. I would then crank buckets of water out
of the air into the basement shower drain, and it was like new. It was
always in the basement, away from walls. Don't know other levels.

Anyways unless someone answers here first I'm gonna ask in a new post if mdf
will react the same as PC. If it does it isn't pretty believe me!

In fact I invested in a Bionaire electronic temp & humidity meter and can
tell you that I would have to keep the humidity below 60° at all times.
That meant closing the windows, the whole 9. Everyday. It was cat and
mouse. About 60%. Which here in Toronto is several weeks, even possible
months. Great move anyways- the dehumidifier !!