Bruce L. Bergman

Default HM Cutting tool ?

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:42:43 -0800, Roger rlrsk8r at hot mail wrote:

I have some 3/16 rivets that have the typical large round head on
them. I decided to use the 3/16 rivet since the 4 or 4.5mm round head
rivets that are normally used in this project cost a buck apiece.
Consequently, McMaster has gotten my business on SAE rivets.

The problem I have is that the head on the metric rivet is smaller
than what I got from McMaster. So my solution is to turn the head down
to match the metric rivet.

I'm missing something here - why don't you replace all the rivets
with the smaller SAE ones when you build your (whatever)?

Is this something you bought pre-made that you are modifying?

And who is going to look closely enough at the (whatever) to notice
that some of the rivet heads are smaller than the others, or care,
besides you? ;-P

(Don't sweat the small stuff. And barring any more information
input on why it's critical, it sure sounds like small stuff to me...)

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545