F. George McDuffee

Default Parting tool usage tips needed

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 18:23:21 -0500, wrote:
snip
I saw the pictures on your site. The gent milling should have had
safety glasses on.

==========
You are correct, however in that picture Chris was not machining
but using a magnetic sine bar and a test indicator to get vise
adjusted to exactly 4 degrees for the back rake. This was
another instance where the set-up took longer than making the
cut. Students got a good review in [and in some cases
introduction to] trig to get everything laid out and the vise set
for 4 degrees.

My ISP is having problems with outgoing emails at the moment, but
as soon as they get the problems fixed I will send the drawing in
acad200f dwg format to you. As indicated in the cover email I
can save in most any acad dwg/dxf/dwf format if the 2004 dwg
format is a problem.

Uncle George