RainLover

Default GUNNER... about OT posting

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 08:19:22 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:25:05 -0800, RainLover
wrote:

On 11 Nov 2005 16:38:25 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:34:31 -0800, RainLover wrote:
Hey Gunner,

I know you are very politically active, but could you please
reconsider including the metalworking newsgroups in your crossposting?
It's a simple matter to remove them before replying... or when
starting a post, keeping metalworking OUT of the list.

Perhaps you're not noticing that often OT: posts will have OT:
in the subject line. You can set up your newsreader to ignore those
threads. Filtering is much more of a workable approach than trying to
dictate what someone else does or doesn't post.

So, what you're saying is this: 1,000 people should all have to
configure their newsreaders to filter ONE or TWO people's posts
instead of those two people just keeping their posts where they are
welcomed?

Hm.... I'd LIKE to think Gunner and company are more polite and aware
than that... but I could be wrong.

James, Seattle

So correct me if Im wrong James, but you are claiming that Some
crossposts are ok, while others are not? One of course must assume
that the differenation is by your standards, and not the standards of
others. Is this also correct?

NO. It's not. There's a huge difference between posting "How do I
weld aluminum" to RCM AND metalworking.engineering and posting
"LIEberals Suck" to RCM and, say, "alt.survivalist"

Do you see a difference?

So is perhaps you are interested in something to do with
say...automobiles, thats a gold standard, while anything you disagree
with in substance, or you have no interest in, is to be forbidden?

If you don't see a difference between the odd automobile post and your
incessant political rants, then you're beyond help.

I'm only asking you to be polite and post political discussions in
political newsgroups. It seems that's too much to ask of you. I'm
sorry.

I think I see a problem here.........

Indeed there is.

Respectfuly

Gunner

If you honestly had RESPECT, you'd keep your political posts in
political newsgroups. When you say "respectfully", it drips with
sarcasm.

James, Seattle