Bob G.

Default Gas fireplace won't start

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:03:15 GMT, lid (SHUDSON) wrote:

I have a fireplace that won't start as well. (the Pilot won't light.)

It was running fine until last year when my 7 year old pulled out the
remote sensor (in order to use the manual shut-off) however as he
pulled it out, the fireplace shut-off and would'nt start again.
I thought the battery leads (from the 9V Cell) might have touched the
grill and shorted, but I don't know.

Anyway winter is coming again and my wife want's it fixed!

Any ideas?

Normal problem....spyder webs, dust etc have a way of causing this...

Honestly I just cleaned the thing out ...and it fired right up...BUT
to avoid this problem about 5-6 years ago I just resorted to leaving
the pilot on all the time....all year round...

Yes my gas consumption has gone up...maybe it costs me 10 bucks extra
every year ...but at least I know it will fire up on that first chilly
night in the fall (which it did btw)...

Bob G.