Default Intermatic vs. Aube light timers - experiences?

Doug Kanter wrote:

Gotta be careful, though. Some of these little toys lose their program if
there's a power failure. Some even become stupid if the light bulb burns
out. Unbelievable. You might want to check the web sites for downloadable
instruction manuals before buying.

Yeah, I always check manuals online before buying, now. Best way to
find out what you're gonna get. In fact, I just looked again at the
manual for the Aube unit, and was shocked to find this:

http://houseonhawthorne.com/TI034.jpg

Now, if the world ends, I'll know what probably caused it....

But seriously folks, thanks for the feedback on the switches. I may
try posting this in the alt.home.automation forum, as well. As for my
own experience, I've now decided to do my own testing. I just got the
Aube switch I ordered in the mail, Intermatic is sending me an EJ500 to
replace the failed SS7, and I'm going to try the repair recommended in
Christian's link. I'll install all three, and see how they do.