George E. Cawthon

Default Vinyl replacement windows

Rastus wrote:
calhoun wrote:

Be careful when comparing Home Depots in store windows to Home Depots
installed sales windows. Around here the in store windows are American
Craftsman (crapsman), very inexpensive. If you contract for window
installation they use a Simonton window which is much better quality.

Wow! I never realised there was differences in Home Depots.
Up here (Iron Mountain, Mi) the in-store windows are Anderson and Jeld-Wen.
Never heard of American Craftsman.

Here in Boise, they also sell Anderson and
Jeld-Wen. I would imagine that the shipping rate
is a key factor in the purchase of windows by Home
Depot, so the brand sold could be different in
different states. However, the same brand in MI
and ID tends to negate that theory.

I can't see how the installed windows and the
instore windows would be different, unless the
store changed brands that they purchased.