Matt Stachoni

Default Tool ReReview - Refurb Delta Unisaw - Part Two - ADDENDUM

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 06:30:28 -0500, Greg wrote:

Not personally convinced of the SawStop's ability to deal with field
conditions, and will reserve opinion until I've seen long term
results. Humidity, wet wood, age and wear and tear on the slip-rings
and bearing insulation. The cartridge's ability to hold up over time
and still fire. The ability for a new manufacturer with a big ego to
succeed against almost guaranteed law suits and market pressures.
But if it does save fingers, it's probably cheaper to replace that $70
cartridge and a $100 blade than to pay for extensive hand surgery.
IMHO.

That's why I'm saving up for one right now - for my first table saw.

From everything I've studied regarding table saw splitter/riving knife
design and its implementation on varying saws, I wouldn't buy a TS
without an integral riving knife that rides up and down with the
blade. Otherwise it's kind of useless.

It seems that even without its finger saving brake, it is still a
fantastic table saw.

- Matt