Joe AutoDrill

Default GUNNER... about OT posting

Like I stated in a previous post... I'm new on this group.
About the political posts... would they not just die a natural death
if they weren't cross posted to a bunch of other groups?

I'm not really bothered by the OT posts becuase I scan so quickly over all
the posts looking for useful info and/or learning opportunities... But if I
were a hardcore reader of the group, I'd be bothered quite a bit by
cross-posted messages that were not "logically" cross-posted. i.e. CNC /
metalworking groups and/or wood/metalworking groups if the machine was dual
purpose, etc.

What if I start posting sporadic messages about my local motorcycle events
or youth group meetings (I'm a volunteer leader, not a tween or teen) or
even the problems I'm having with chipmunks on my wife's Camry... Are they
acceptable because they are sporadic like the political posts? If everyone
posted OT messages when they wanted their RCM family's help and/or
cross-posted whenever they felt the desire, the group would be useless to
someone even as non-picky as me.

There are groups that openly allow OT posts as part of their internal
culture. However, I think the clear message from most here is that this is
not one of those groups. I've got somewhere around 20 years of computer
messaging expedrience under my large belt... And all I've ever learned is
that nothing is constant.

Anyhow... I've never read one of the political posts and did not notice
anything from Gunner. I'm simply commenting on the OT posting "policy."
Gunner has never offended me. ...Maybe because I haven't read his OT posts.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022