Rastus

Default GUNNER... about OT posting

Ignoramus12383 wrote:

Any newsgroup has two purposes, one is information exchange (how to do
metalworking) and another is a social forum for like minded people.

Because this is a social forum, we'll see some off topic messages.

If one of the purposes is suppressed, people leave and the quality of
the forum suffers.

If there are too many political posts (and I admit to posting a few
such messages recently), then then beign to drown out informational
messages, and defeat the main purpose of this newsgroup.

So, yes, I am joining in asking to simply reduce the # of political
posts. Not eliminate them, but to post less. I will try to not
contribute anything political myself, in fact just today I refrained
from answering some political posts.

In fact, let's have a show of hands here. Who is actually reading
political posts xposted to other newsgroup? (not raising my hand)

Like I stated in a previous post... I'm new on this group.
About the political posts... would they not just die a natural death
if they weren't cross posted to a bunch of other groups?

Just a question and an observation.

Posted from beautiful Hancock, Mi