Dave Hinz

Default GUNNER... about OT posting

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:02:23 -0800, Tim Wescott wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:47:43 -0800, Tim Wescott wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

He's perfectly right to ignore your request, it's unreasonable. The
problem has already been solved, you just need to use it. Filter posts
with OT: in the subject line, and you'll be fine.

I disagree. I like the occasional OT post about someone's truck or
their new baby or whatever. I do _not_ like incessant OT posts on one
topic

So...you're OK with some OT posts, but not all OT posts, so people
shouldn't post what Tim doesn't want to read. I see.

The key words are "incessant" vs. "occasional", as I suspect you know.

So then killfile by poster. Isn't choice _wonderful_?

Just in case you're confused incessant posts about your new baby would
irritate just as much as the political gas being generated. Posts about
your truck would also wear thin, but it would take longer because trucks
have more metal content than babies or politicians.

Let me repeat myself. Learn how to filter, and then you can
programatically ignore whatever the hell you want. Telling people what
not to post will never, ever, work.

Y'know if you don't like the idea of people wanting this to be a
metalworking newsgroup you could just killfile those of us who do.

All I'm seeing here, Tim, is you complaining that you choose not to
filter.