Andy Asberry

Default Update on machinist trainee

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 23:29:59 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

Andy Asberry wrote:

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 20:39:56 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

I feel for you Eric! In the Cleveland inner city, my track record is a
dismal 1 in 10 for keeping employees. The work ethic today has forced me to
close my entire wood shop, except for one shaper, and outsource all my other
blocks. The more I paid in wages, the sooner their "comfort level" was
reached and the more time they missed. I'm just too old to fight it anymore
I admire your whole philosophy to clone some knowledge. If you learn some
more tricks to handle tardy and absent employees...PLEASE let me know!

My method to reduce Monday sickness. Pay day is Friday for the
previous week. Checks are cut on Monday. If you work Monday, you can
pick up your check. If not, it goes in the afternoon mail to be
delivered Thursday or Friday.

At first, I thought it might only move the absences to Friday but it
hasn't worked out that way.

Checks? Geez, I've been on direct deposit for the past decade. Even my
expense "checks" are direct deposit.

Pete C.

Not all banks accept direct deposits from other banks. I would love it
but you can't expect an employee to change banks as a condition of
employment.