Dave Hinz

Default GUNNER... about OT posting

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:47:43 -0800, Tim Wescott wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

He's perfectly right to ignore your request, it's unreasonable. The
problem has already been solved, you just need to use it. Filter posts
with OT: in the subject line, and you'll be fine.

I disagree. I like the occasional OT post about someone's truck or
their new baby or whatever. I do _not_ like incessant OT posts on one
topic

So...you're OK with some OT posts, but not all OT posts, so people
shouldn't post what Tim doesn't want to read. I see.

-- it means that I have to choose between losing those occasional
OT posts that I want to see, or that I have to waste a lot of time
paging through the "Cliff & Gunner Show".

Or you can killfile by thread or keyword in subject lines. Or you can
just complain about it.