Brian Elfert

Default Tool ReReview - Refurb Delta Unisaw - Part Two (Long)

"BobS" writes:

Greg,

Frank makes an excellent recommendation here about the flange/nut combo to
hold the blade on. When I got mine from WoodWorkers Warehouse ($20) it was
in a package with Delta's name on it. When I sold the CS, I kept it since

Why doesn't Delta just include this on a saw that costs well over $1000?

The real cost to Delta could not be more than a buck or two over the
nut/washer they currently supply.

Packaging, warehousing, distribution, and distributor/retailer margin
probably make up the majority of the cost of this accessory.

Brian Elfert