Greg G.

Default Tool ReReview - Refurb Delta Unisaw - Part Two - ADDENDUM

Swingman said:

"Greg G." wrote in message

One thing I can't quite figure out is why they bothered to put a bend
in the arbor wrench. It really makes it less than useful, as the
easiest approach for me is from directly above. And unless the arbor
is nearly fully-raised, something I never do just to change the blade,
it wedges between the table top and arbor bearing hub and becomes
rather impotent.

It works absolutely fine in practice ... never even realized that there was
a problem.

Hmm...
I know I have mounted three blades so far, and that if the blade is
lower than ~1/2" from the highest height setting, it's sort of
useless. Maybe mine is slightly different.

Do you raise your arbor to max when swapping blades? Left-Tilt?

Perhaps it's just that I've got average? | skinny? arms, and have
never had to raise the blade. This throat is much larger than the old
saw, so it feels like a cavern in there, and jacking up the blade just
seems like unnecessary motion.

My suggestion about bending the other wrench instead still seems
relevant, however, which hand do YOU want swinging around those
carbide tips?

Maybe it's because I'm left-handed?
I've not had time to think about it in reverse... R is broken.

Minor quibble/observation anyway... I have a large hammer... g
(And a vise.)

Yeah, I was trying to be funny, but come off like an ass*. :-\

Greg G.