Greg G.

Default Tool ReReview - Refurb Delta Unisaw - Part Two - ADDENDUM

Greg G. said:

*** ADDENDUM 2 ***

Change Relevant Text:

the marketplace. This applies to ALL manufacturers who sell in the
U.S., except Powermatic. Additionally, most European machines contain

And before anyone jumps in here and says...

Actually, that would be Powermatic and SawStop - but I've never see a
SawStop in person. And both of these saws are fairly expensive at
$2,200 and $3,200 respectively and similarly equipped.

The new PM2000, although reputedly cast in China, also has a riving
blade as well as a similar guard system to the PM66.

Not personally convinced of the SawStop's ability to deal with field
conditions, and will reserve opinion until I've seen long term
results. Humidity, wet wood, age and wear and tear on the slip-rings
and bearing insulation. The cartridge's ability to hold up over time
and still fire. The ability for a new manufacturer with a big ego to
succeed against almost guaranteed law suits and market pressures.
But if it does save fingers, it's probably cheaper to replace that $70
cartridge and a $100 blade than to pay for extensive hand surgery.
IMHO.

Greg G.