carl mciver

Default Update on machinist trainee

"Pete C." wrote in message
| You are confusing worker cost with worker wages, they are not the same
| thing. Worker cost includes benefits, workers comp and unemployment
| insurance costs, various taxes and other costs that are not part of
| worker wages. That $65/hr average worker cost likely equates to and
| average wage of $30/hr and that average is also likely very misleading
| with the bulk of the workers probably making $10/hr and a small number
| making $30/hr or similar.
|
| Pete C.

Then there's the figure of what the labor comes out as an hourly part of
the product. Where I work, and this information is _several_ years old, my
employer charged the customer $100/hr for our time. That includes the total
wage package of the employee, as well as the overhead and employees required
to keep that employee on the job and not wasting it doing someone else's job
just so they can do theirs.