josh

Default Vinyl replacement windows

"Rastus" wrote
josh wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't shop windows at HD.

I guess I don't see your reasoning on this. I happen to like Anderson
windows. Medium priced window. HD was $35 dollars per window cheaper than
another local supplier for the same window, right down to the same part
numbers. I needed 19 windows, the difference between suppliers was $665
dollars. Quite a bit when you are trying to replace windows on a budget!

HD has products manufactured to their specifications. Though I don't know if
their windows are or not, I can't find myself to deal with people which run
away at the first question.

Being I'm a contractor, I find my suppliers much more helpful, and I pay
less than at big box stores. I will tell you, I have asked at HD some four
years ago, about certain items, and they couldn't get them. The manufacture
wouldn't sell them the same product sold to wholesalers. Four years ago was
the last time I stepped into a box store for any type of supplies.

I would shudder at the thought of trying to get a manufacturers rep, through
one of the box stores.

I'm sure you got the same part numbers, as you could get at another
retailer.