Martin H. Eastburn

Default Update on machinist trainee

Good concept. However, When I was a plant protection one summer before starting
a contract job - I had 3 insurance policies (medical all of them) (100% of EVERYTHING covered)
Glasses, boots (safety naturally) (uniform) (keeps streets clean and little use) Life insurance
bene's out to all out doors. I was salary, but the workers were hourly. Their contract drove
ours. I got more money then in one summer than I got in the next contractual year.
By far. I only wished I could work there every summer - but to many wanted in on the deal.

This was in 69 - when the cool cars were being taken off the line :-)

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:03:40 -0600, Andy Asberry
wrote:

How about Delphi? Story on their bankruptcy stated average worker cost
was $65 an hour.

99 employees on $10 / hour ( 20,800 pa )
1 CEO on $5500 / hour ( 11+ million pa )

that averages out at $ 65 per hour ( more or less !)
Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address