Doug Kanter

Default Intermatic vs. Aube light timers - experiences?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I currently have six Intermatic SS7(c) electronic light switch timers
installed in a house. In the years since they were installed, I have
had four failures requiring replacement.

In the troubleshooting information (as well in some topics in here),
this problem is usually connected with cold temperatures. I live in an
area which basically never goes below freezing, and the majority of the
timers are inside the heated home, anyway. The one unheated switch, in
a garage, has yet to fail.

I contacted Intermatic, and they told me this is a known issue, they
are redesigning the SS7's and SS8's, and they're due out in March or
April.

Were any of these timers used with compact fluorescents?