Pig

Default Tool ReReview - Refurb Delta Unisaw - Part Two (Long)

Gee, must have hit a nerve. Ok, cars and nuclear reactors are the
exception. But in all seriousness, and in a practical sense, the
majority of stationary woodworking tools need some sort of adjustment
when new, regularly fall out of adjustment with use and require some
periodic TLC to perform well. Otherwise, FWW, Wood, Woodworkers
Journal and the other mags out there would not waste time writing "Band
Saw (Tablesaw, Jointer, Planer, RAS) Tune-Up" articles. Without
exception I've reset, or "tuned-up" every new machine I've purchased,
including a unisaw, DJ-20, 15" planer, RAS and bandsaw. I also make it
a practice to check all screws and bolts for tightness, both when new
and from time to time. IMHO not to do so is asking for trouble; it
also has the side benefit of allowing you to become familiar with your
machines and how they are put together.

Mutt