Pete C.

Default Update on machinist trainee

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 21:40:51 GMT, Pete C. wrote:

If they were to treat their machines like they want to treat their
employees (like garbage), then as soon as their $75,000 machine breaks
down a.k.a. is late to work, they will have to throw it out and get a
new one. Can't tolerate any late to works, regardless of the excuse, no
working on repairing the machine, just throw it out and get a new one...
It's just as ridiculous when it's applied to humans, but more
disgusting. Disposable employees.

We must be reading different threads. The one I am reading started with
an employer explaining (and lamenting) having to let someone go who had
habitual attendance problems, but who was otherwise quite promising.
What thread are _you_ reading?

The portion of the same thread that referenced a particular employer
that had a policy where if you were late for work regardless of the
excuse, you were fired.

"well after a few weeks I had car trouble and came in about 45 minutes
late ,
got called into H.R and was told in no uncertain terms that you only get
come in late once

that the second occasion , regardless the reason you would be fired
now I knew why all the other guys arrived one half to three quarters of
an
hour early every day"

Pete C.