Christopher Tidy

Default Found something weird inside my saw

Mark Rand wrote:
On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 00:11:43 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Mark Rand wrote:

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 23:31:54 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

larry g wrote:

I have no idea what it is but can you imagine the hours some poor sod spent
looking for that item and to this day still doesn't know where it went....
lg

Probably not. The saw used to belong to GEC, so they probably just
bought another on company money. I'm not sure which division of GEC
owned the machine (I acquired it indirectly) but by location I'd guess
it was the steam turbines division. I guess it's possible that this is a
steam turbine part.

Chris

Trafford Park, Rugby Willans Works or another site??

Not certain, but I think it was Rugby. The machine has "GEC" stencilled
on the side, and I acquired it from a machinery dealer in Coventry, so
my assumption is that it came from the Rugby site. The dealer said
something about it being used by a GEC maintenance team, but I don't
remember anything more.

Chris

I forgot to get back on this one :-(

We think that it was most likely to be a stud for holding a bearing pedestal
to a motor frame from the Medium Electrical Machines works at Rugby.

Thanks for the reply. That's fascinating. Do you (or did you) used to
work at the Rugby site? Perhaps you even used this machine? It carries
the marking "GEC MS 1 WEIGHT 430 KG" if that means anything. I can dig
out a picture if you like. It's a small world...

Chris