Harold and Susan Vordos

Default Update on machinist trainee

"Pete C." wrote in message
Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

snip-----

As I've said, we have had too much for too long in this country.
Your generation and mine have never known hardships-------which is my

point,
and has been right along. Until we, as a nation, fall to our knees in
hard times, I'm not convinced it will get any better. I hope I can live
long enough to see myself proved right, or wrong.

Harold

What we have had for too long is not too much, it has been artificially
low prices for some goods due to various manipulation of the free
market. If we were not able to import and abuse a continuous stream of
illegal immigrants to harvest our crops we would have to pay workers a
fair market market wage to do that work which would increase the cost of
the food. If we were not able to export jobs we would have to pay
workers in this country a fair market wage which would increase the cost
of the products or services derived from those jobs.

Pete C.

Clearly, a case of one's vantage point, or perspective, at least as I see
it. I see the glass as half full, where you see it as half empty.
Regardless of one's position, any time wages are paid that are beyond value,
inflation can't (and won't) be far behind. We Americans appear to be too
damned stupid to see that we must make compromises, not demand yet more.
This discussion is akin to that of a union man versus one that can't stand a
union. There will never be common ground--------not until the jobs are
all gone, and each party is scratching their heads, wondering where the hell
did everything go? I'm pretty sure I already know.

More later, I have to work on the house I'm building.

Harold