Eric R Snow

Default Update on machinist trainee

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:55:26 -0500, Brian Lawson
wrote:

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:34:15 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Very sorry Eric. You just got a lesson in "the youth of today", but try not
to judge them all by that one example. I endorse your idea of trying to
hire another one. Don't give up on kids, yet. I was once a kid, and look
at how good I turned out!

I always recall the way a Supervisor at Chrysler would state
"penalties" for same actions, or in-actions, requiring some sort of
discipline....for instance, catching two employees, one senior and one
junior, maybe caught smoking in a corner that was a forbidden area....
For the senior employee (one over 35), a three-day suspension

For the junior, work an extra shift, and two weekends.

I think the part that hurts most, for most of us, is that you've
mis-judged a character, either as good or bad. That hurts you
personally either way, and makes you somewhat self-doubting for the
next go-round.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Greetings Brian,
It did bother me that the guy's character didn't show. To me. It mat
be that I'm not such a good judge of character. So the next hire will
have to prove to me that they are worth the investment. But this
experience will not deter me from trying again to pass the machinist
trade on to another generation.
Cheers,
Eric