tillius

Default Update on machinist trainee

Worker *cost* is quite a bit higher than worker *pay*

Yes, often by more than 2:1, especially in the US, which lacks
medicare for workers.

Wow, a burden rate of 100%? I've not seen that high a burden rate,
although I'm sure with unions involved it's entirely possible. Part of
my job for the past 20 years has been building cost models for
contracts, and that has been for several different employers. All of
those employers had burden rates of between 28% and 31%.
I can't provide a cite where that rate is a national average, it's just
what I've seen from experience.

Tillman